Thursday, February 08, 2007

CRON

I've been reading a lot recently about the calorie restriction diet that is supposed to make you live longer. I would love to have enough self-control to restrict my calorie intake -- but only so that I'll be skinny and can wear cuter clothes. I don't know why I would want to live longer.

For example, suppose I lived to be 100 years old. If I retired at age 65, I would need enough money in my retirement account to support myself for 35 years. That sure isn't going to happen with my current savings habits. So in addition to starving myself for the next 30 years, I'd be working my ass off to earn money that I won't get to enjoy because I have to save it for retirement. And then once I retire, I won't have work to distract me from how fucking hungry I am.

So I wouldn't retire when I'm 65 -- I'd keep working until I was 75 or something. And what fun is that? I honestly don't see what's so great about living a long time. I want to have fun NOW, and then die when my money runs out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home