Sunday, May 07, 2006

Study Break

One thing that sucks about living in the 'burbs is that when I get hungry for a study-break snack, about 4 hours from now, it will be 12:30 a.m. and there won't be anyplace good nearby that I can go for a wide variety of satisfying snacks. There's a 24-hour Walgreens, but they don't have slurpies at Walgreens. Somehow, it just isn't a study break without a slurpy. There is a 24-hour diner about 15 minutes away, I guess I could go there - no slurpies, but a lot of pie. The 24-hour Walmart would be perfect, but it's a good 2o minutes away.

And the thing that sucks about being an evening student and only knowing other evening students is that I can't be sure they'll be awake at 1:00 a.m. and willing to chat on the phone if I need a pep talk. I miss that about college - if I wanted to go study at IHOP in the middle of the night, I could always find someone to go with me. Ah, the good old days. I feel old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home