Friday, February 09, 2007

I am OLD

I think I've been aging a lot more rapidly since I started law school. Today I was browsing on apple.com, because I'm thinking of getting an external hard drive for my iBook. It only has a 30 GB hard drive in it, and I've got 25GB of iTunes songs, and I've only ripped a small percentage of my CDs, so if I had an external hard drive I could put all my songs on it and I would only need to hook it up when I wanted to reload my iPod.

So anyway, I looked at the hard drives in the Apple store and they have 500 GB hard drives. 500 GB! Back in the day, when I was a young whippersnapper and I walked 10 miles to school in the snow, uphill both ways, we were lucky to have 500 MB hard drives. Now they're up to 500 GB and I never even noticed. Jesus H. Christ, that's a lot of space. I guess that's what all the kids are into these days, I wouldn't know.

UPDATE: What the hell is "FireWire"? I should have planned ahead -- if I'd started having children 16 years ago, then I would have a teenager on hand right now to explain these things to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home