Thursday, December 09, 2004

Okay, so here's a real post:
Last night, after the crim law exam, I went to the bar with some classmates (which is as much of an accomplishment as taking (and passing?) the exam, because I am socially challenged). So I started talking to a woman in my class who I always thought was really cool but I didn't really know. She said that she was the kind of person who wasn't very good at just going up to new people and talking to them, but she enjoyed talking to them if they took the initiative, and she thought I was probably the same way, and I agreed, and we talked about what a shame it was that neither of had talked to the other before. And then we made fun of the classmates we both disliked, which is always a super-fun law school activity. And then she said that she and her friend Bob (also in our class) liked to go through the class list and gossip thoroughly about the whole class. She said that when they discussed me, Bob's theory was that I didn't like them. (Which is certainly not true.) But I actually thought that was a great comment! Because when I imagined my classmates talking about me, I imagined them saying stuff like "Yeah, she's the one who raises her hand and makes really dumb comments." (Yes, I may have some insecurities.) So I was thrilled that when people had thought about me, they hadn't thought that. Really, if people think that I'm a bitch, that's fine, as long as they think I'm a smart bitch. (But I'm just shy! Really!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home