Saturday, January 21, 2006

What kind of lawyer should I be when I grow up?

5 semesters down, 3 to go, and I don't know what kind of law I want to practice. I suppose most people base their decision on which classes they enjoy. The problem is that the classes I like the most are the ones with entertaining facts in the cases, regardless of the subject matter. For example, I never got tired of banana-peel cases in Torts; but I couldn't force myself to read the stupid cases in Business Orgs that just went on and on about stocks and accounting and stuff. This semester I'm taking Workers' Compensation, and these are definitely my kind of cases. Powers v. Lady's Funeral Home: Powers is a mortician who drives home to take a shower after an embalming and is run over by his own car.

So I'm not sure what area of law will allow me to specialize in wacky things happening to people. It's important that the bizarre accidents not be too tragic - I couldn't even read some of the cases in Crim Law about people killing their children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home